Sunday, November 27, 2016

Literature Analysis #3

The book I chose to read is Lord of the Flies by William Golding 
It takes place in a Island during a war there is a plane full of kids and it crushes and landed on the island which they survive the crash and a kid name Ralph picks up a conch and blows on it to call all the kids together and chose him as the leader. However Jack isn't happy with that choice but still follows. There main focus is to find a way to sign for help, but Jack thinks something else and separates with the group and forms his own group and they do there own things and accidents happen that end up getting kids kill, because of a so call "beast" that they imagine and so more kids end up dying also Jack has some involvements with that. Ralph focus on a fire but it goes out because of Jacks boys and they lose there chance for help. Jack is now trying to kill Ralph but a man from a naval ship arrivals because of the signal fire and prevents Ralph from dying and are taken onto the ship but Ralph is scared now because he has seen what the boys are capable.  
The theme of this story is the conflict between the human impulse towards savagery showed between Ralph and Jack, who respectively represent civilization and savagery.
I saw the cover of the book and read the title and summary and it interested me into reading the book
I hope or except from reading this was the battle between the boys for the strive to survive and how would they plan and see there different point of view.
What keep me reading was how the boys were on a plane and crash and them being confused on what to do, because they didn't have an adult to tell them what to do, so I want to see what they would do.
My reading habit is that if I don't like the book I get bored and my eyes close but if i still have to read it I end up reading it fast and don't really catch everything. However if I like the boy I keep in reading and read slow or reread something so I can fully understand what is going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment